A delicious meal with all the trimmings and a perfect bottle of wine are key to a successful Friendsgiving, but going that extra mile to create a memorable table setting will help make your friends feel more welcomed and get them into the spirit of the season, which is all about gratitude. Follow these quick and easy steps to create an unforgettable table setting that also won’t break the bank.
General Tips: Take a look around the house and use what you already have first. Shop farmer’s markets for fresh flowers and seasonal table decor, and don’t worry if it isn’t matchy-matchy. A little variety never hurt anyone.
- Start with a simple white or solid color tablecloth, like this one from ZhenLinen for $15.99.
- Use burlap as a table runner. You can buy one at a fabric store or online, such as this runner for $9.99.
- Center the table with two to three candles or lanterns of varying height, like these Gold Talia Taper Candle Holders for $8-$10.
- Scatter mini votives, mini vases with flowers, and mini pumpkins elsewhere. For the votives and vases, you could use recycled glass jars. We love this six pack of Rose Gold Mercury Glass Tealight holders for $13.69.
- Place your Friendsgiving wines down the middle of the table. Add printable "I'm grateful" bottle tags.
- Use solid color dishes for a clean look. These VARDAGEN white plates from IKEA are perfect and are only $2.99 each.
- Add a spring of eucalyptus or other greenery with twine around solid color napkins for a napkin ring. If you don’t have linen napkins, add the greenery to the place setting.
- Add throw blankets or pillows on the chairs for a cozy touch. Use throws that you already have. If you want to match the throws, these chunky knit chenille throws are so fun and start at $10.00.
- Don’t forget the wine glasses. These twelve all-purpose wine glasses for $24.99 are great for either red or white wine.
- Set the table the night before (and pour yourself a glass of wine!) so you have one less thing to do before your friends arrive.